• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_pugz_1986

Motronic On A Cat 205

m_pugz_1986

i have a 1993 k plate 1.9 , it has motronic management on it , i changed the engine for a earlier non cat model and i noticed the flywheels where different as the motronic fires off the crank possition sensor ? am i right ? as i assume by having teeth on the outer ring of flywheel .

i was wondering is this the same flywheel as the mi16's as have ? I seen a few projects on here and look close to the mi flywheels :P

jackherer

The Mi16 flywheel uses a 215mm clutch but both Motronic and Jetronic 8V flywheels use a 200mm clutch.

m_pugz_1986
The Mi16 flywheel uses a 215mm clutch but both Motronic and Jetronic 8V flywheels use a 200mm clutch.

i know that but it looks same as a mi flywheel , just wondering if was the same as a mi or looks the same :P

jackherer

You've answered that yourself really, its the same in that it has a 60-2 arrangement of timing gear teeth for the crank sensor but its different in that it takes a smaller 200mm clutch.

m_pugz_1986
You've answered that yourself really, its the same in that it has a 60-2 arrangement of timing gear teeth for the crank sensor but its different in that it takes a smaller 200mm clutch.

ah i see :P

how hard is it to come by these flywheels ?

jackherer

The 200mm 8v motronic flywheels are relatively rare but the 215mm flywheels are very easily available.

Sign in to follow this