• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Compiling Info On Steel Wheels (steelies)

dumbiron

15' wheels on a Rallye would scrub very bad as it the same as a XS, 14inch 106 Rallye steeles look the best and you can just about get away with the 6inch wide ones!

Although the very best wheels are those super rare peper pot style PTS rims! - Although thats not very helpful rolleyes.gif

Had a set of 5.5 series one Rallye rims on mine with 185/55 tyres. Used to rub for fun at the back on back roads and the front protruded from the wings. Now got a set of 5.5 x 14 steels from a 206 (et34 5401g4 i think they were ) with the same tyres, no rubbing at all now. Although would probably go for a set with an et25 ish with standard rear arms (which i haven't got)

DSC00223.jpg

Loose Hand Luke

This is great info guys thanks.

Dumbiron have you got a pic of the full car I could see?

I've got a 1.9GTi rear subframe on mine at the mo, I don't know if that's any wider than the original Rallye one?

I heard you can get negative camber rear arms, don't know if they'd help with the scrubbing as well as the handling?

dumbiron

I've got a 1.9GTi rear subframe on mine at the mo, I don't know if that's any wider than the original Rallye one?

Can sort a picture out at weekend for you, i don't get home from work untill it has gone dark.

Mine only started to rub after i swapped to a disc rear end so i am guessing they are wider.

Loose Hand Luke

Can sort a picture out at weekend for you, i don't get home from work untill it has gone dark.

Mine only started to rub after i swapped to a disc rear end so i am guessing they are wider.

That'd be great thanks mate. How much is your rear end lowered? Is it 2 splines (60mm???)

I've managed to borrow some 14" Saxo alloys just to see if the 185/55/14 tyres they have on them need much clearance. Anyone know what offset the standard Saxo alloys are?

dumbiron

That'd be great thanks mate. How much is your rear end lowered? Is it 2 splines (60mm???)

I've managed to borrow some 14" Saxo alloys just to see if the 185/55/14 tyres they have on them need much clearance. Anyone know what offset the standard Saxo alloys are?

Not measured it exactly but it was around 2 inches or so.

It will say on the saxo rims somewhere what offset they are.

dumbiron

DSC00226-1.jpg

Loose Hand Luke

They look great!

Thanks for the help mate.

jonnygoodhand

Partner/Berlingo wheels are similar in design to the original 205 Rallye wheels, albeit 14". 5.5J and the correct offset, I think.

If you're quick, how about these?

Could look nice painted up white, as on Sandy's old Rallye...

before.jpg

swordfish210

Heres mine, i keep meaning to get a better picture to show the rear width:

P1010122.jpg

I've got a 1.9 disc beam on the back with Xsara arms (camber and toe in) you can see the toe here:

P1010124.jpg

That is with the Citroen C5 steels on 195 tyres, it doesn't rub at the back but then it is bloody stiff

Loose Hand Luke

Fantastic!

Are those Steel rims or the Aluminium "steel" rims mate?

swordfish210

Yes they are the alloy ones, nice and light :)

oren206

hi guys,

yesterday i bought what i thought were steelies from some guy.

today i found out they're supposed to have 16 holes. mine have 14.

i don't know exactly how much they each waigh because they all have 195/60/15 tires on. i weighed one with the tire on and it was 16.5 kg. is that normal?

so, how do i tell if it's "the real deal" or if i was f*cked?

oren

p1150429.th.jpg

p1150439n.jpg

p1150441u.jpg

welshpug

likely to be steel, does a magnet stick? iirc mine weighed 10-11 kilos with a part worn 50 profile pe2

• Like 1

Baz

They are steel! The 'H2' number is right there, although not in this thread for some reason. IMO they're GTi6 spare steels.

SurGie

The H2 means something else that i cant remember, its on the latest C5 thread. The one's with ET18 are the alloy steelies or allies i like to call them from C5 cars, ET19 are the steel one's from C5 cars from what ive researched.

Ive just had a quick look and the info is about 7 or 8 page clicks down on here > http://www.carbibles..._pg4.html#humps

Edited by SurGie

welshpug

read back to the few first posts, the alloy versions are made by kronprinz in Germany, not by Michelin in Spain.

the hump inside oft he holes is too pronounced.

Paul_13

Looks like rust in the pic near the valve, so definately steel.

Baz

The H2's are definitely steel and ET18, i have a set.

petert

Since we're updating this, here's something new for you. The wheels in the pic look identical to 406 wheels but are actually 307 wheels. These are a set I had widened to 7". In standard 15 x 6", they're <6Kg. Still not 4.9Kg like a C5 wheel, but still pretty good. I'll measure the difference in material thickness tomorrow. From memory it's approx. 1mm. Think about how big those slots are. No use asking me for a part number as the outers are long gone. I had them made up for my son to start racing on. Much cheaper than bending a good wheel.

post-2864-0-99950600-1330254766_thumb.jpg

post-2864-0-23388000-1330254835_thumb.jpg

post-2864-0-54230900-1330255451_thumb.jpg

Edited by petert

petert

406 wheels are 4.5mm thick. 307 wheels are 3.3mm thick.

welshpug

And they're ferrous?

petert

Yes, plain old mild steel.

Henry 1.9GTi

Can anyone offer some more information on the manufacture recall? Factual info on part numbers etc.. have just sent KPZ an e-mail so hopefully will get some info from the manufacture.

I have just picked up a set that have the PS815008 part number. Having just read this thread am non too pleased!

Cheers.

welshpug

On ebay from bristol?

Henry 1.9GTi

yarp. I went for the flat bolt type as it means I didnt have to buy 16 new nuts for my studs. Had no idea about this recall business... :(