• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skanny

Diesel Swap Over To Gti Shell

skanny

Call me contorversial seeing as this is a GTI forum but i was asked a question last night as to whether you could fit a 2.0 diesel HDI out of a 306 into a 205GTI shell..............?

Why you would want to do this apart from economy reasons is beyond me but i dont know enough about the compatability of peugeot model cars ie 205 shafts fitting the 306 diff or the 306 shafts fitting the 205 hubs etc to give an answer.

I guess it could make a decent project if anyone wanted GTi handling and Diesel economy.

RossD
Call me contorversial seeing as this is a GTI forum but i was asked a question last night as to whether you could fit a 2.0 diesel HDI out of a 306 into a 205GTI shell..............?

Why you would want to do this apart from economy reasons is beyond me but i dont know enough about the compatability of peugeot model cars ie 205 shafts fitting the 306 diff or the 306 shafts fitting the 205 hubs etc to give an answer.

I guess it could make a decent project if anyone wanted GTi handling and Diesel economy.

Yep, its been done a few times. Engine drops in onto existing mounts as does box. Just use 1.9 drive shafts.

The wiring.... well thats another matter.

Grim.Badger

IIrc the 2.0 won't fit even though the 2.1 will, I think this is because of the turbo charger on the 2.0 (2.1 is N/A).

If this is true you may get away with modifying the bulkhead or fitting a smaller turbo, or if you are lucky re-angling the downpipe.

I can't remember who it was but someone on here knows what will fit.

skanny
IIrc the 2.0 won't fit even though the 2.1 will, I think this is because of the turbo charger on the 2.0 (2.1 is N/A).

If this is true you may get away with modifying the bulkhead or fitting a smaller turbo, or if you are lucky re-angling the downpipe.

I can't remember who it was but someone on here knows what will fit.

The 2.1 is not an HDI unit, i have a 2.1 TD 406, and it aint N/A, the HDi is the newer generation.

welshpug

the HDI will go in, I've seen a Laser green GTi with a 110 HDI engine chipped up to 130.

unfortunately I have no other details of it :lol:

brianthemagical

are the HDi's not DW's?

welshpug

yes

skanny
are the HDi's not DW's?

Ke? Whats a DW?

brianthemagical

the diesel version of the EW. that being the new engine in pugs, like the 206 GTi engine.

CaptainK
the HDI will go in, I've seen a Laser green GTi with a 110 HDI engine chipped up to 130.

Bet that shifts. More so than a standard 1.9 Gti I'd guess.

Grim.Badger

Sorry, I thought the 2.0 and 2.1 XUD engines were both HDI, but apparently not. Wiki has a few details, but is obviuosly wrong in places as it says the 2.1 was N/A but I have double checked and there were 2.1 TD engines.

XUD Engines

EW and DW Engines

Given that the 2.0 HDI was fitted to 306s I don't see much of a problem squeezing it into a 205, but like I said before the exhaust may interfere with the bulkhead.

skanny
Sorry, I thought the 2.0 and 2.1 XUD engines were both HDI, but apparently not. Wiki has a few details, but is obviuosly wrong in places as it says the 2.1 was N/A but I have double checked and there were 2.1 TD engines.

XUD Engines

EW and DW Engines

Given that the 2.0 HDI was fitted to 306s I don't see much of a problem squeezing it into a 205, but like I said before the exhaust may interfere with the bulkhead.

One of my mates dads had a 205 STDT(?) when i was at school and at the time i thought it was the dogs danglies, GTi trim etc but Turbo diesel power. Was it the STDT?

I cant find much about it on the net. was that just the 1.8 diesel with a turbo?

Grim.Badger
One of my mates dads had a 205 STDT(?) when i was at school and at the time i thought it was the dogs danglies, GTi trim etc but Turbo diesel power. Was it the STDT?

I cant find much about it on the net. was that just the 1.8 diesel with a turbo?

The STDT is the only diesel that came out of the factory with GTi trim. It had a 1.8 TD without intercooler, GTi wishbones, vented discs and I think the springs and rear beam were similar to the 1.6.

skanny
The STDT is the only diesel that came out of the factory with GTi trim. It had a 1.8 TD without intercooler, GTi wishbones, vented discs and I think the springs and rear beam were similar to the 1.6.

I was in love with that car ( i was 17) and my mates dad used to let him driver it too...........how cool were we!

Sign in to follow this