• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
McDude

Exhaust Heatshield

McDude

Whilst doing my suspension rebuild i noticed that the exhaust heatshield (the one between the back box and the boot floor) has rotten away around the bolts and is totally unrestrained.

So question is - do I need it?

I'm of the belief/knowledge that not one penny gets added to the bill of materials, without good reason, when building a car so Peugeot wouldn't have put it there if they thought they could get away with not putting it there. However what are we talking here? Melting the ice cream in the boot or melting the boot itself?

welshpug

I didnt know a 205 had one there until I looked under another one, the backbox sits a fair way from the boot floor and doesn't get that hot so I wouldn't worry about it, I think its more to keep the noise down inside than anything.

McDude

Consider it binned then!

Kenno

Anthony`s came flying at us last year on the way to the ring & didnt seem to affect the car at all on the ring B):P:D

oli-pug

mine judo chopped me in the face while fitting new rear dampers. couldn't be arsed with trying to refit it!lol

M_R_205

I thought there was only the one heat shield under the tank? :unsure:

McDude
I thought there was only the one heat shield under the tank? :blush:

It looks like your one has gone the way of most - left on the motorway somewhere after corroding away.

I've taken the advice that it isn't needed and mine is currently lining the bottom of my bin.

Sign in to follow this