• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
de Noir

Fuel Vapour Induction System

de Noir

I'd like to override fuel vapour induction/degassing system - in short to bin charcoal filter/absorber located in front left wing and its piping to fuel tank and induction manifold.

I guess fuel tank venting pipe (the one that normally leads towards filter/absorber) would have to stay to some point...

What would be the best solution, not to compromise safety?

Sandy

You need to fit an effective tank vent, (or remove the seal from the filler cap as a bodge) to prevent the tank pressurising, which leads to chronic over fueling!

petert

and if you have a Motronic ECU, fit a 1.2kohm resistor in place of the solenoid.

de Noir

It's clear to me that tank neeeds to be vented. I suggest we discuss it further with visual help:

degassing.jpg

Marked blue is venting outlet on a fuel tank. Figures 2-4-1-3-9-5 are vapour pipes, tanks and valves.

Marked red is venting valve, from which a vapour pipe is routed to vapour abosorber at the front of the car, from there further to inlet manifold.

Fig 4 is I guess safety feature located higher than filling hose to prevent fuel itself breaking into this system.

I thought of keeping some of this factory install: venting pipes, degassing tank and venting valve (those flimsy plastic easy-to-break thingys) but instead of routing it to inlet manifold, release it in the atmosphere or something like that.

Let's say release point would be fig 5, located on handy position.

As said before, I would not like to compromise safety, risk a fire or something even worse.

I guess there has to be a simple and clean solution for this. At last but not the least, it's Mi16 we're talking about.

Sign in to follow this