• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest radiogareth

205xrdt

Guest radiogareth

After our first track day (in A Ro*er Me*ro 1.1) we have been offered a K plate 205XRDT, 200,000 on the clock, nearly free. Not a lot on the web about power outputs that I can find, but it does get quite a good write up about power, except no numbers or torque figures. I've had a search around on this forum (yes I know it's a petrol forum!!) and tracked sensible info about upgrading the brakes. Not being familiar with the range I have no idea about power output but have done LPG conversions which add up to 30% to an old diesel. It may be that there are newer common rail diesels that can simply be chipped (1.9TD???, whats that in).

Advice and comments welcome....if this is really not suitable for this forum I'll take the hint!!

Gareth

Big_Jimbob

I have a grdt "K" reg and have read that they are 78bhp but i dont know the torque figure sorry

Jim

RossD

They are about 78bhp and 135 - 140 lb/ft. Very torquey and because of the low weight of the 205 quite quick. They can be tweaked very easily by adjusting the fuel pump to go faster. They don't run an intercooler as standard, whilst this is not a problem if you do decide to tune it that should be the first thing on the list!

Good luck!

Guest radiogareth

Thanks for the thoughts and info, we are going to look at it Tuesday....

Whats to look out for on 205s apart from sills, arches etc?

Gareth

Grim.Badger
Thanks for the thoughts and info, we are going to look at it Tuesday....

Whats to look out for on 205s apart from sills, arches etc?

Gareth

Under the headlights, front inner arches/chasis legs, under the rear seats, boot floor bottom of the door pillars. There may be more but I forget :)

Whip off the expansion cap and start the engine; any signs of vapour may show that the HG is starting to go as my old diesel did when I bought it.

Check for leaks in the fuel pipes and the pump and check that the oil is nice and clean as people seem to forget to service diesels, same goes for discs and pads.

Check the rear beam/suspension for any camber/tilt in the wheels and make sure it moves correctly; ask if it has ever been replaced or refurbished as it should have been done long before the car got to 200k.

Sign in to follow this