• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
A2TheA

Radiator Fins Very Brittle

A2TheA

i was under the bonnet of my beloved 205 gti when i noticed the radiotor fins are discoloured and very brittle (on the drivers side(right if sat in the car))

i have recently finshed a mechanics course at college so i am alright (he says) when it comes to remove/replaceing things.

i was just curious i have a brand new radiator available and was wondering how much of a hassle it is to change a radiator?

weekend? day? afternoon? baring in mind i havent done a radiator before so will probably be 'Haynesing' it

Regards

A2TheA

jackherer

It not a hard job at all, the only real issue you will face is rusty jubilee clips.

CaptainP

Or worst still, the bottom hose clip being the original pug one :/

A2TheA

so advisable to replace all jubalee clips when renwing radiator?

thansk for the fast replaies guys

jackherer

Yes you'll almost certainly need new ones after hacksawing the rusty remains of the old ones out :rolleyes:

Its worth checking the condition of the metal pipe in the drivers wheelarch too as these rust pretty badly and you may as well change it at the same time if its gone.

A2TheA

thanks, wheres the best place to find a set of clips? or is it easirer to go to the local peugeot dealer and get had by their rediculours prices?

Ryan

Any old hose clips will do - they're usually a couple of quid at most from any motor factors.

If you replace the metal pipe as well then new ones are only £13ish from Peugeot.

A2TheA
Any old hose clips will do - they're usually a couple of quid at most from any motor factors.

If you replace the metal pipe as well then new ones are only £13ish from Peugeot.

any old hose clips. i take it i will need specific sizes?

steve@cornwall

Make sure you can get the screws out to remove the slam panel before trying the jubillees!

pug_ham
any old hose clips. i take it i will need specific sizes?

See attached drawing for sizes of jubilee clip you need in mm's.

Graham.

post-71-1194308132_thumb.jpg

taylorspug

And if you struggle with the screws for the grill and slam panel, get yourself an impact drivers, gets them off in no time!

Sign in to follow this