• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eob

Tuner Removed Liners & Didn't Number Them

eob

Greetings Peugeot fans...

Just got my engine back from the local tuning shop where they welded my Mi's block. Sadly, they also removed the liners & pistons to put it on their welding jig. And they didn't number them. So I've a box of pistons and liners and no idea what goes where.

Any advice? I've noticed they're marked PMP 5 and PMP3, which way round? Help! :)

Eamonn

This was what broke off in the crash, the 'spout' for the oil filter, and hence why the engine cost me a grand total of €100 inc. gearbox, subframe and loom. A quick weld and it's fine.

mi16_weld.jpg

The head, freshly planed, have to pull the valves now and do the stem seals etc.

mi16_head.jpg

The lovely all aluminium block with wet liners. Question is... which way round do they go?

mi16_block.jpg

Stu

As far as im aware mate it doesnt matter, are you rebuilding while its apart? You'll find you may have to mix and match the liner position to get the protrusion right, so as long as the pistons go back in the right direction (the DIST mark on the crown points towards the cambelt) end it wont matter.

Mikey G

Check for any wear at the top of the liners, if there is more of a step on one side than the other this is due to the slanted angle and it being the thrust side of the piston. This step would be at the back BUT when putting it back together its worth putting them 180 degrees around so the worn side is at the front (inlet side) of the engine.

Worth checking the big end bearing caps to see if someone has marked them previously, i used to put little dimples into them to mark them as 1,2,3 etc..

eob

Fingers crossed then :)Fingers crossed then :)Luckily the bearing caps were actually bolted back on the engine where they came off so that's a start.

Sign in to follow this