• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt-k

Afew Pics.

matt-k

Just thought Id post afew pics of my carbs ive just refurbished. They look better than expected i just hope it lasts!

From this:-

post-9384-1193589643_thumb.jpg

To this:-

post-9384-1193589752_thumb.jpg

post-9384-1193589810_thumb.jpg

Im hoping to get the engine in the car next weekend if all goes to plan.

Cheers, Matt.

wardy18

mate they look spot on, i need to do exactly the same as the carbs i managed to get my hands need a full re-build and a massive clean up job,

what did u use?!

cheers

djinuk

how much of a job is it to rebuild webber 40's ?

it would be a nice idea for someone to do a in depth guide on it

wardy18
how much of a job is it to rebuild webber 40's ?

it would be a nice idea for someone to do a in depth guide on it

this would be very helpful to me too as im about to do it!!

matt-k

Thanks lads, they really were'nt that hard to do either. I payed £100 for these after spotting them in workshop i was delivering too and they were just filthy. I bought a gasket kit from Fast Road Cars £12 for each one. I then stripped them down in to there component pieces and cleaned the casings with thinners but they still looked badly stained so i attacked them with a wire brush on my drill which brought them up much better!! I was going to leave them like that but i found a fuel and heat resistant paint from FROSTS restorers website which really covered them well. Before i sprayed the casings i popped them in the oven for afew minutes to get them warm as this helps the paint take properly. (the missus was not amused!! I then popped them back in the oven after spraying to help drying. (not to hot mind!) When praying make sure you mask off all the holes etc..

There was an article in Practicle classics on restoring carbs which is where i got some info from. If no one elts has done it ill post some pointers on here when ive a bit more time.

Cheers, Matt.

Baz

Nice one!

There's also a very handy Haynes manual for Carb servicing/build/maintenance. :)

Edited by BazGTMi

mbayley77

Confused to which holes you need to protect from your PRAYING???

Some weird Weber cult thing? :lol:

Sign in to follow this