• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madant_uk

S16 With R1 Bike Carbs?

madant_uk

im just wondering how much of an improvement is there from a standard s16 is it worth doing this, i have already spoken to Bogg Bro's about gettin the manifold n bits sorted, and they seem really reasonable, hope someone can help, thanks

Sandy

Please think carefully about what you're trying to achieve. Junking a very effective management system is not something I would do, unless it was going to be hassle free and bring clear benefits.

jonand

I fitted R1 carbs and megasquirt ignition managemment to my otherwise standard S16 race car, and it made a marked improvement to my top end power. Cant be sure how much was attributed to the carbs tho. It does use a lot of fuel in the process, although thats not an issue in my case.

Regards

Jon

Alastairh

Personally i wouldn't bother in your case.

Just make it simple, install your engine, make it tidy and go have some fun!

If you want more, go look down the cam shafts route ;)

Miles

have to agree, Most bike carb inlet manifolds have different length inlet pipe's which is no good at all and loosing the mapable ignition will loose power unless you use like Jonand a mapable ECU but then you may as well use TB's, But a cheaper way is fit a GTi6 inlet and get it remaped and I bet you'd get better results too

Sign in to follow this