• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Cam Timing

wardy18

Hi all

i have a Piper 270 cam fitted to me 1900 gti with a Vernier Pulley, i am sure the cam timing is out because the power band is really delay, the car only seems to really kick in and pull from about 4500rpm and feels like it would go way past the limiter!!

if anyone else has a piper 270 cam with a vernier pulley could they please tel me what setting the pulley is set to as i dont wanna start adjusting?!?!

i will be buying a set of Dial Gauges soon so i can set the cam timing properlybut this is just see what anyone elses is set to?!

thanx

simon

pug_ham

You'll have to set it with a dial guage etc as the setting for one car is very unlikely to be the same for another. Mine needed advancing either 6 or 8' on the vernier iirc. :ph34r:

It will all depend on how much your head has been skimmed & if the cam was ground from a blank or a regrind.

Graham.

Stu

You'll have to set it with a dial guage etc as the setting for one car is very unlikely to be the same for another. Mine needed advancing either 6 or 8' on the vernier iirc. unsure.gif

It will all depend on how much your head has been skimmed & if the cam was ground from a blank or a regrind.

Graham.

wise words, a DTi gauge is an absolute must before you start having a play, as well as a timing wheel to bolt to the crank. the procedure is simple enough, just need to be methodical mate, PM me if you get stuck and ill try and talk you through it. wink.gif

pug_ham

Try a search, the procedure has been posted previously on here by NickR ages ago iirc.

Graham

Sign in to follow this