• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ross009

Xu10j2 Head

ross009

ok before anyone say i've used the search function extensively on this topic (its now 4:30 a.m) and i cannot find any proven results in terms of the gains in power an xu10j2 head fitted to an 1.9/1.6 8v bottom end? so what im asking is does anyone have proven before and after results of using this head as they would be good to actually see. i personally would like to see the results of the head in standard form as it comes off the car or at least just the inlets done to match the xu inlet manifold.

Any input on this would be great as im very very stuck on wether to go down this route or not? tks in advance Ross

Anthony

I don't have any rolling road results, but anyone that's seen my 205 (XU10 head, XU9 bottom end, PT36 cam, standard management/ignition) will confirm that it's definately quicker than a standard 1.9 8v and pulls strongly all the way to the limiter. To give you some idea, CW's 205 Mi16 couldn't pull away from it on the straights at Cadwell, and there's a normally quite a big difference in performance between a standard 1.9 8v and a Mi16.

The XU10J2 head on my car was done by Mattsav at QEP with the inlets reshaped to match the manifold, 3-angle valve seats, the valve throats tidied up a bit, and skimmed to give ~10.2:1 compression. If you do a search, I posted the flow graphs for a standard XU9, standard XU10, and my QEP modified XU10 head somewhere and there's quite a big difference between them.

ross009

ok thanks anthony yes ive seen the flow results and to be honest i was 99% convinced that the mod was worth doin sometimes to much searching on here can have a negative affect if that makes sense?

wardy18
ok thanks anthony yes ive seen the flow results and to be honest i was 99% convinced that the mod was worth doin sometimes to much searching on here can have a negative affect if that makes sense?

i was possibly loking into an XU10 head but exactly how much work is needed to fit it to a XU9 block?!

thanx

simon

Miles

Never been a fan of these heads personally, The exhaust port is more restrictive and if your going to port/Valve a head your better off with the std 8v one, But it would be good to see a back to back

ross009

this is what im saying tho as far as having work done from the research david b has done at puma the standard 8v is the better of the 2 when you have money to put into it but what im asking is for people who dont have 500+pounds to spend on head work is it benefical enough to get one of these heads from say the scrappy have the inlets machined to match the xu9 inlet and a skim to bring the compression inline and get some actual noticable gains or do the throats valve seats have to be done to make it worth fitting surely someone has fitted on of these heads in its standard form?

Sign in to follow this