• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt-k

S16 On A 1.6gti Ecu?

matt-k

A workmate is trying to run his recently installed s16 engine using a dissy covertor and a 1.6 gti ecu. The car will not run. He says its struck up for a few seconds but that was it. Im going to have a look at it for him later in the week so any info on this would be appreciated. I know the ecu wont give good performance but will it run on it? Someones told him he needs to change the fuel rail for an 8v one too, surly thats rubbish!!!

Any ideas on this install??

Cheers, Matt

Mikey S
A workmate is trying to run his recently installed s16 engine using a dissy covertor and a 1.6 gti ecu. The car will not run. He says its struck up for a few seconds but that was it. Im going to have a look at it for him later in the week so any info on this would be appreciated. I know the ecu wont give good performance but will it run on it? Someones told him he needs to change the fuel rail for an 8v one too, surly thats rubbish!!!

Any ideas on this install??

Cheers, Matt

i doubt very highly that it would run, even if it did, it would probably run like wank. for a start the ecu wouldnt be able to control the avac system, the mechanical advance of the dizzy would be nowhere near that required for an 16valver and you would have an rev limiter set roughly 800 to a 1000rpm lower thatn the original.

cant he be arsed to wire up the original ecu? im pretty sure there not that hard to sort.

Edited by pugger

welshpug

its actually quite easy to wire in the S16, as graham keeps telling me its only 3 or 4 wires :unsure: and it really is :P the rest are just warning light and gauges.

matt-k

This guy actually bought my old car of me to convert, he then bought a hole 405 Mi16 of Ebay.......... and proceded to take the engine out and scap the rest, ecu, wiring loom the lot!!! :unsure:

I know hes a muppet for doing that but he's a good lad and has spent a fortune on this project so it would be good to finally get it running for him.

He was also on about fitting a 1.9gti de limited ECU, would this help matters?

If he buys an Mi ECU will the Mi Loom need fitting too as he has the dissy convertor??

Which four wires are the important ones to connect?

Whats the Avac system all about & can it be sorted somehow?

?!?!!!!????!!!!

Alot of questions i know but i want to know the best & cheepest route to get it going and I hate wireing!

Any more advice & opinions appriciated.

Baz
If he buys an Mi ECU will the Mi Loom need fitting too as he has the dissy convertor??

Yes the loom will be needed too, for one the plug is different for the Ecu.

willxs

think you would probably need the Mi/GTi-6 inlet manifold and also an Mi flywheel iirc. Dont count on me though :unsure:

Cheers, Will

snillet
the mechanical advance of the dizzy would be nowhere near that required for an 16valver

I would say that the advancecurve is probably to aggressive for what´s needed on the 16V engine. And at totally the wrong rpms.

Can´t be good.

matt-k

Hmm, A few interesting views gentlemen. By the sound of it he needs the Mi or s16 loom and ECU that he sent too the scrappy!! I did tell him to keep them, Ha. He thought he could just fit the dizzy adapter like i have done on my 1.9 mi & be done with it but apparently not...

Anymore views welcome.

Thanks, Matt

Sign in to follow this