• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

Have A Look At This

ORB

OK.

So I am not sure what this is, but it looks a little different.

car4s150.jpg

I am refering to the Distributor adaptor? it looks different to the ones I keep seeing for sale?

Can you tell me what it is and how it works? Just eager to learn more!

Cheers

ORB

28CRAIG

I have one like that I cant remember who it's made by but you use the 8v thermostat housing and it's just a spacer that bolts to the cam and goes to the dizzy I will try and dig it out and get a pic the one that I have is crap and to slots on the dizzy dont line up with the tapped holes.

ORB

DSC00054-1.jpg

is that it?

ORB

And can anyone ID the Inlet Fannymould?

28CRAIG

It's very similar it just uses the 8v housing with the spacer adapter thingy.

boldy205

looks like the Skip Brown adaptor. The slots are not supposed to be lined up with the hole. although they should be a good snug fit on to the end of the dizzy drive. Which i have found many that are not. :) Not sure about the inlet? cant see it!! :) Why would you like to know?

ORB
looks like the Skip Brown adaptor. The slots are not supposed to be lined up with the hole. although they should be a good snug fit on to the end of the dizzy drive. Which i have found many that are not. :) Not sure about the inlet? cant see it!! :) Why would you like to know?

Just interested to be honest. As I say, I like to learn!

boldy205

Yup every days a school day!! especialy when it comes to 205s!

Juani20516v

Here in Argentina there isn´t too many 205 16v.. as in England....

I know a few that were converted to 16v..

A friend had the Distributor place in the original distributor housing 8v, and only make a adapter.

But in my 16v engine i put the Mi16 2.0 Distributor Housing (because i have the 2.0 16v headcylinder with the 1.9 aliminum block) and make a spacer (the round and black in the picture, between the distributor housing and the distributor) and also the adapter that goes in the cam..

Here i post an old pic... but it´s for you to see the distributor convertion..

http://www.geocities.com/catalogo205/205Gti16v.jpg

Edited by pugtorque
image file size, 120k max please.

Sign in to follow this