• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest dean106

Be4 Gearbox Problem

Guest dean106

Hi this is my first post so not to sure if its the right section. Sorry if its not. Ive taken my be4 box apart to put my new cluster (from and xsara vts) in come to putting it back together and having problems with getting the selectors in the right place. Is there anyone who knows any tricks to doing this?

Tried for about 2 hours so far and the closest i got is having the box split 1cm or so but then when i put it together and tighten the bolts up hand tight the selectors will not move into certain positions.

Thanks

Jrod

Xsara is a XU engine is it not so the right section will probably get more help.

jackherer
Xsara is a XU engine is it not so the right section will probably get more help.

The BE4 box is used on TUs in 205s though so I left this in the TU section. However its not got any replies so I'll move it and see if anything happens...

Sandy

Make sure the 3 notched plates on the selector rods are aligned properly and the reverse fork. I had a mare with mine and when I thought I'd got it right, it still wasn't right, even though it went together ok. Colin sorted it in the end (eeyore).

Guest dean106

the selectors were all aligned up and the reverse was in the downwards position. I Havent tried again just yet wanted to see if anyone had any tips. i can put it together so its resting on the other casing and can select all gears but when tightening it up i can only select a few.

Sign in to follow this