• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bally

What Clutch To Use Turbo Mi16

Bally

What clutch should I use.

Std Mi16 clutch and pressure plate.

Uprated (what do u suggest)

Can I use an uprated 200mm clutch, its cheaper than the 215mm one.

What do u suggest

welshpug

how much torque and power? usage?an o.e unit is reputedly good for over 200bhp IIRC, Miles can help I think.

pdd144c

Helix 215mm should do the job, remember it's the torque not the power that will kill it.

base-1
Helix 215mm should do the job, remember it's the torque not the power that will kill it.

Exactly - a 200bhp N/A Mi16 may be OK for a standard clutch, but a 200bhp Turbo Mi will murder one I should think. Helix FTW!

Bally

Well I went scanning around at my local pug place and came upon a gti6 clutch and pressure plate at a good price so I will use that. Plus my mate is using the same setup on his turbo 306 S16 running 25psi all day long with sticky tires and quaife lsd.

Only thing is I have to change my clutch lever since I am now using the pull type pressure plate with the throw out bearing built on.

The clutch looks way better than the std mi16 one, it has double springs(dont know if that means anything) its a valeo 215 mm also just like the Mi16 one I had but the springs look tougher and they are double.

Any pros or cons over using the pull type pressure plate over the push type.

As I said got these at a steal (old stock they said) Less than half the price.

Sign in to follow this