• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bobob

Gti-6 Throttle Body

bobob

I've tried a search, but couldn't really find anything.

Can you increase the size of the throttle body on the Gti-6 engine? Or is it a case of getting one of the BTCC or TOCA ones? :lol:

If so who does them? :) Or would you see no real benefit from fitting one? :(

Thanks.

Sandy

It's large enough as it is for up to about 200bhp without creating a "restriction", arguably more than that. Boring it would remove the "wedge" which would make part throttle twitchier.

bobob

Thanks for your reply.

So the throttle body will become a restriction before the standard manifold then, as I've been informed that the manifold is good for around 240ish? :lol:

How would you go about making th throttle body less restrictive, except for taking the "wedge" out, are there any bigger ones that could be fitted? I don't really want to go the individual throttle body route :(:)

Thanks.

Sandy

If you bored it out to a straight 60mm (it's actually an oval butterfly), I'm sure it would be fine up to about 225-230bhp. Taking the wedge out is the obvious thing to do, aftermarket ones wouldn't have it.

Individual TB's would always be my preference though, but I appreciate the cost difference is not inconsiderable.

bobob

Where abouts could i get a bored out throttle body from? Is it a case for QEP or could you do something? ;)

Sign in to follow this