• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugbender

Flat At 7000rpm

pugbender

hi guys, i've got a 1.6 with twin 40 dhla with 30mm choke, a pretty good cam 45/75/75/45, fiat fire dizzy and of cousse others little works..

the problem is that it pull well at 4000 rpm to 6000 when the engines seems won't rev higher and it stops at 7500.what could be the problem?

snillet
hi guys, i've got a 1.6 with twin 40 dhla with 30mm choke, a pretty good cam 45/75/75/45, fiat fire dizzy and of cousse others little works..

the problem is that it pull well at 4000 rpm to 6000 when the engines seems won't rev higher and it stops at 7500.what could be the problem?

"running out" of valve spring rate maybe ?, if you still have the stock ones that is most likely to be the case i think.

pugbender

we used the std ones because the cam has only 11.5 mm lift and it hasn't got lobe with strong acceleration

DamirGTI

Hi !

Ignition amp. maybe .. :unsure:

Damir

pugbender

we used the std dizzy at first and we also thoght that the problem was there but we changed the dizzy and the ign amp with the fiat fire engine that has the same diameter and it works perfectly

All Praise The GTI

sorry to hijack but har far is it safe to rev a gti engine???

as i also have just fitted carbs to my 1.9 gti and then realised no rev limit!

snillet
we used the std ones because the cam has only 11.5 mm lift and it hasn't got lobe with strong acceleration

I´ve been told from Enem here in Sweden, and also read at pumaracings site that the original valve springs will be to weak over 7000rpm. But i do not know that for a FACT.

welshpug

have you had it dyno'd?

it might be that its just running out of puff! i.e power already peaked and falling off.

or have the carbs been set up properly?

pugbender

we haven't dynoed it yet, the carb are set up properly. Perhaps you're right welshpug but i was thinking that with a cam of that duration it might rev higher ie 7800rpm?

Sign in to follow this