• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Gti-6 Oil Pump Sproket On A 1.9 8v

brianthemagical

as above i'm planning on putting a gti-6 oil pump sproket on my xu9ja.

i've done a bit of searching and there was talk of needing the 6 cam pulley. can anyone confirm this please?

what number of links does the chain need? just so i can double check i've got the right one.

the pug dealer said something about needing a seal/ring for the 6 pulley. it's not the crank seal. any ideas what it is and wether it's needed?

any other comments appreciated.

thanks.

pee vee

they will try and sell you a new seal for the crank.. dont get it, it dont fit the 1900s.

i bought a gti6 chain for mine too.. but to be honest the 1900 one would of been ok..

you'll obviously need a woodruff key (im assuming the 1900 has 2 slots in the crank ?)

brianthemagical

thnaks for the reply. my local dealer is pretty good but he said it wasn't the crank seal. my crank does have the key slot. did you need the 6 crank pulley? thanks.

pee vee

i used the Gti-6 oil pump drive.. and the normal mi16 crank pulley set up..

the reason they are saying about the Gti-6 pulley/cam belt drive, is that they probably have a shoulder on the Inner edge to stop the cam belt touching the crank oil seal... i already had that sorted for mine though

Miles

For the 8v you can use the 1.8 8v parts as this uses a key drive chain like the GTi6 so swaping the parts over is not a problem or you might be able to use the 1.6 8v as they have always had the keyed drive wheel.

brianthemagical
For the 8v you can use the 1.8 8v parts as this uses a key drive chain like the GTi6 so swaping the parts over is not a problem or you might be able to use the 1.6 8v as they have always had the keyed drive wheel.

which parts are you refering to? my crank has 2 key slots. the spacer next to the oil pump sproket stays over the the key so i figured it would drive the 6 sproket. has the use of a 6 pulley got anything to do with the recess in the back of the 8v pulley? thanks.

Miles

The 6 oil pump drive wheel is Keyed onto the crank unless you find a early one then it's like the old 1.9 one being a friction fit (Never liked that idea myself) so if fitting a keyed drive wheel you just need the cambelt protector off a 1.6 or 1.8 8v engine.

I don;t have any pic's at the moment but should be able to get some thing sorted out

brianthemagical
The 6 oil pump drive wheel is Keyed onto the crank unless you find a early one then it's like the old 1.9 one being a friction fit (Never liked that idea myself) so if fitting a keyed drive wheel you just need the cambelt protector off a 1.6 or 1.8 8v engine.

I don;t have any pic's at the moment but should be able to get some thing sorted out

thanks very much. i'll speak to the pug dealer tomorrow and hope they don't cost too much.

thanks again.

pics would be great, as would a part number please. :ph34r: thanks.

Edited by brianthemagical

Miles

I just have my huge parts bin too dig out all these various configration's so I rarely have any part numer's, I'll see what I can do about some pic's thou

brianthemagical

thanks. don't worry too much, my pug dealer is usually very good so i'll give them a call and ask for an xu7. thanks again.

pee vee

I just used my MI 16 one.. had to cut the raised bit off the back of it, and a key into the slot.. as i didnt realise there was one on 1600s!

brianthemagical

thanks for all the advice. i'm still a little confused but i will order the sproket and chain and have a look on the parts computer at pug. thanks again.

Sign in to follow this