• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
24seven

Master Cylinder Clearance With Mi16

24seven

now that my Mi16 is logistically in the car, I've found the timing belt cover is pressing heavily onto the master cylinder (are 1.6 and 1.9 M/C's different?). Having looked through the owners cars on the gtidrivers front page, I didn't see any other conversions with this clearance problem, so I'm assuming there's a way round it?

what is it? :lol:. TIA

Baz

Lots of cars are different it seem, have you pushed the engine right over to the left before doing up the gearbox mount bolts, and have a decent lower engine mount? Another thing, you can use a small spacer, 5mm or so under the rear top engine mount buffer.

24seven

the top mount was put in place before the gearbox mount, and I'm using BBM group N mounts all round. the rocker cover seems well clear of it, but the plastic cambelt cover is pushing against the M/C on the left hand side as you look into the engine bay from the front. I'll get a picture of it now.

Baz

You can push/lever the engine & box over to the left a little (looking from the front) before doing up the gearbox mount bolts, that helps a degree, and as i say the small spacer behind the rear buffer that the engine tends to rest upon brings the engine forward which in turn means a little more away from the MC aswel.

DSC00200.jpg

Edited by BazGTMi

Henry 1.9GTi

was worried about this on mine, also using BBM mounts but seems there is about 1mm clearance with no grinding \o/ every one seems different, shame my exhaust will need some 'tweaking' though :)

gl with conversion.

sutol

When I put mine in I'm going to alter the holes in the plate that holds the master cylinder to the bulkhead and try and move the cylinder away from the engine.

Never tried it but am going to give it a go.

Sign in to follow this