• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James_m

Xu10j2 Crankshaft

James_m

Hi all

Ive got a good S16 block with mint bores lying around, but a hammered crankshaft, and a XU10J2(306 xsi 8v 123bhp for those of you not up on the engine code's :D ) bottom end with a good crankshaft, so im guessing you can see what question is coming!

Is the 10J2 crankshaft any good?

I remember my mate going on about how great the S16 crank is with knife edging from the factory, but im thinking with the whole economy of scales things peugeot would have been better of making just one type of 86mm crank and been done with it.

Unfortunatly, i dont have the XSI crank at home, so i cant really compare the 2.

Cheers James.

Edited by James_m

James_m

Wrong forum.... :P

Can someone move this to Xu performance please B)

Richie-Van-GTi

Im pretty sure the xu10j4** engines use the same crank. If thats the case I can take a photo of one for you if it hleps.

Anthony

On the engines that I've stripped, the XU10J2 and XU10J4 cranks are the same :unsure:

James_m

Good news, i thought they would be,

Thanks people!

Hilgie

yep..they are the same...all XU10s have the double balanced crankshaft except for the T16 which has a single balanced crank.

Miles

I have asked at Pug before now and they have different part number's, but they do look the same to me

welshpug

I think its just like all the engine blocks, all the XU10 iron blocks are identical, but have different part numbers.

Anthony
I think its just like all the engine blocks, all the XU10 iron blocks are identical, but have different part numbers.

No they're not!

Certainly from the limited XU10's that I've stripped, XU10J2, J4, J4R, and J4RS blocks are all slightly different

welshpug

strange, the J4 and J4RS I have here seem identical, what are the differences?

B1ack_Mi16
No they're not!

Certainly from the limited XU10's that I've stripped, XU10J2, J4, J4R, and J4RS blocks are all slightly different

Yup, I think it's mostly down to different headgasket pattern.

Believe it's same for XU10J4 and XU10J4TE, and XU10J4R and RS, but most versions of the R doesn't have oil spray bares. Neiter has any of the XU10J2's afaik, while the XU10J2TE has spray bars.

Quite a few small differences if you look closer :blush:

Miles

Talking of spray bar's does anyone know why the S16/GTi6 has full length ones and the 8v Turbo only 1/4 length one's? They both squirt the oil in the same position unless it's another Pug odd ball design

Hilgie

I *think* it has something to do with the piston skirts touching the spraybars on the 2.0T, so they replaced them with spray-nipples. But I cannot confirm as I don't have any S16/GTi6 pistons at hand.

Sign in to follow this