• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
paul_portsmouth

Front Lower Strut Brace

paul_portsmouth

has anyone got a pic of a front lowere strut brace fitted?

TEKNOPUG

Why? If you need to know how to fit it, simply unbolt the forward wishbone nut on either side, place strut-brace over the bolt and then re-attach the nuts.

Jrod
d0b1_1.JPG

paul_portsmouth

looked through the threads and found this post ( unanswered ) as mine did the same thing when fitted hence me thinking id put it in the wrong place. is it something to do with a worn engine mount?

Just fitted my Brace (lower) And there is a difference! BUT..........

It knocks on the sump when i accelerate, not the end of the world just get a harder mount.

when cornering i have a funny rubbing noise, as if the tyre is rubbing on the arch. Any ideas??? Took off the front wishbone bolt, put the brace on and did it all up, cant see i could have moved anything, really annoyin, only when pushing thru tight corners or roundabouts tho!

HELLLP hehe

SOrry to hijack, but it could be useful to some one!

also the sump was sat so low it was almost impossible to get a socket into the brace.

any ideas??

paul_portsmouth

Before

Picture1409.jpg

After

Picture1411.jpg

Edited by paul_portsmouth

Rippthrough

Aha, strut brace pimping thread! *runs to photobucket* :)

IMGP0416.jpg

paul_portsmouth

thats a completely different shape

welshpug

indeed, its one that Phillip makes himself as Its quite well known that OMP ones dont fit that well, and dont fit some applications at all, even though they are listed to fit...

come on phillip, when's the first batch of 205 ones coming?

pacey205

Because its on a TU I assume.

Rippthrough
indeed, its one that Phillip makes himself as Its quite well known that OMP ones dont fit that well, and dont fit some applications at all, even though they are listed to fit...

come on phillip, when's the first batch of 205 ones coming?

When I borrow M@tt or Henry's car for a couple of hours after summer :rolleyes:

Anulfo

Obviously some mods are just non effective gimmicks but i've heard the front lower strut brace is well worth doing and very effective if done right.Any guys tried it and noticed handling differences with/without it?

Rippthrough
Obviously some mods are just non effective gimmicks but i've heard the front lower strut brace is well worth doing and very effective if done right.Any guys tried it and noticed handling differences with/without it?

Quite a big difference imo, I took it off once to clean it up for some photo's, went off for a drive, I got off the estate, turned around, and refitted it before going back out!

Edited by Rippthrough

Sign in to follow this