• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
r.u.sure

Gti-6 Conversion

r.u.sure

I've recently had a Gti-6 conversion done using the original Gti-6 manifold and can remember reading somewhere on the forum, can't remember where though, that some people advise using a heat shield to stop the bulkhead from getting to hot.

As I'm not in a position to attempt making one myself, and would assume that I would need measurements etc if I went to a private company, I was wondering if anybody on the forum would be in the position to make one up for me and roughly what sort of price it would be posted or collected depending on distance.

Sorry !! Wasn't sure where to post this, hope it's right.

Thanks in advance

Dave

whizzer71

I wrapped mine with exhaust wrap before I fitted it,Works really well and havnt noticed the bulkhead getting hot,hasnt singed or discoloured the paint so I guess it must be ok.

Used heat reflective tubing on the coolant hoses and wiring harness also !

Tristan

:)

r.u.sure

The reason I was thinking more along the lines of a metal plate or similar is because of the limited access to the manifold.

Thanks for the help anyway.

:D

welshpug

you coud use the heat shield off the 306 the engine came out of.

r.u.sure
you coud use the heat shield off the 306 the engine came out of.

I did'nt actually source the engine myself.

Looks like I'll have to have a look around and see if there's any being broken then.

Thanks for the help anyway.

:)

Guest DanielVTS

I'm wrapping the Xsara manifold so I can get rid of the cheap and nasty fibre/foil heat shield that is fitted as standard... cat replacement pipe also wrapped so will help gas exit speed and therefore small power gains :)

Sign in to follow this