• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Juani20516v

Which Fuel Pump In 205 Mi16 With 2 Weber 40 40

Juani20516v

Hi, i have a 205 Gti 1.9 with the 16v head of the 405 Mi16 and also 2 weber Dcoe 40 40 and now i have the fuel pump which was in the car when it was 8v with inyection (the original fuel pump) and 2 of 3 times the webers get too much fuel and when i hit the accelerator the car chocke.. (i hope you understand what i´m trying to explain)

I try to use a Holley (4.5 to 9 Psi) regulator, but it didn´t work... what can i do? which fuel pump i have to use? i have to change the fuel pump or i can make some variations on the fuel line to make it work fine?

Thanks!

Richie-Van-GTi

you need a low pressure high flow rate fuel pump. Something like a Facet silver kit or www.carbuildersolutions.co.uk do one as well. You will then need to make a fuel pick up in place of your current pump as the 2 I mentioned are externally mounted.

the other option is a twin regulator setup so one regulator drops the pressure down and returns excess pressure to the tank and the other maintains the pressure up to the carbs.

Juani20516v

Thanks, i will look into these..

Sign in to follow this