• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grez

De-cat Exhausts

Guest Grez

Unfortunatly my 205 has a cat, would the decat up the power to the 130 it should be? Also the fact it wouldnt have one would it cause trouble passing the m.o.t? As the earlyer 205s dont have a cat does this cause trouble with m.o.ts?

Cheers

Grez

Pug_101

What reg is your car? the rules came into effect for cats in 93.

As I have a good MOT man he bent the rules slightly in that cars between the years 93-96 (when the standard became much tighter) need checking on the DVLA database for what exhaust test should be done. Many cars are not found on this so the lesser test applies and my man could not find my car on there :lol:

I may have been lucky as this was the first time my car had been for the new computerised MOT.

Yes you should gain more power removing the cat.

kenan

I haven't seen a 1.9 make the quoted 130 yet, so if yours is a little down on power then your in the same boat as everyone else.

As for teh decat, if you have a relativy standard car I wouldn't bother. The increase in noise will be the only thing you'll notice

welshpug

seeing as Peugeot never quoted 130 bhp for the 205 you'll be bloody lucky :lol: (it was 128bhp)

though the later Motronic equipped cars do produce figures closer to factory ones (122bhp)

a sports cat can be just as effective, but a little more costly than a piece of pipe welded in.

Guest Grez

My cars L reg its standard but id like it to breathe a little better, im contemplating havin the manifolds and whole exhaust done. Just right now its got to be the cat

Peetypug

if your thinking of eventually getting a full system then there's not much point de-catting it.

it would just be a waste of your hard earned cash

whizzer71

My friend has a Miami Blue 1.9 Gti That was originally a cat equiped car,strange thing is its an H reg,Now has a Gti6 lump in it but we did de cat it many years ago and it made a VERY noticeable difference in performance.

We just used an early std downpipe,welded a boss in for the labda probe,cut it to the correct length and then welded a flange on the end of it to marry up with the front (intermediate) silenser bevel.

:)

Sign in to follow this