• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt gti78

R1 Carb Question

matt gti78

Guys,

Just a quick question about the Yamaha R1 Carbs for some of you who have these fitted wouldn't mind answering please.

With the R1 Carbs fitted to a Bogg Bro's manifold, does this restrict the bonnet from closing or do you have to modify the bonnet slightly to get it closed.

Thanks in advance

Matt

jonand

My carbs only just cleared the bonnet with my S16, but the throttle cable was more of a problem as it comes out the top of the carb set up in standard form. I had to cut a section out the bonnet to clear the cable.

Jon

M_R_205

mine were fine but the huge trupets got in the way a bit lol, you can angle them downwards slightly on the rubers if they point skywards too much

matt gti78
mine were fine but the huge trupets got in the way a bit lol, you can angle them downwards slightly on the rubers if they point skywards too much

With the angle being changed to allow better clearance wouldn't this affect the fuel level in the carbs.

Edited by matt gti78

M_R_205
With the angle being changed to allow better clearance wouldn't this affect the fuel level in the carbs.

if it did affect the fuel level it made no difference to the running of them and it never missfired or cut out, this is how the bogg brothers fitted them,

matt gti78

Excellent, thanks for that. I better go and get myself in the que for ordering my Manifold.

Sign in to follow this