• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
whizzer71

Rgy/x Pistons In Xu10j4rs

whizzer71

Is it possible to use RGY/X pistons in the XU10J4RS engine to lower the compression sufficeintly to be able to put a decent sized turbo on it (Gt28 etc).

I realise obviously that the will require cut outs for the valves to clear but wondered how practical it would be otherwise ?

Maybe Im being complete nuts,cos if it was really that easy everyone would be doing it .

Cheers Guys

Tristan :D

whizzer71

Any Ideas guys ?

Cheers

B1ack_Mi16
Any Ideas guys ?

Cheers

Why not just put the RS head onto the turbo bottom end, must be much simpler than changing pistons ^_^

You cna't cahnge them without changing the rods too as the 136/167bhp 16v engines have 158mm rods compared to 152mm for the older ones.

About compression I'm not sure, you really just should calculate it and see.

Henry Yorke

Have a look at Gerbens page www.205turbo.nl he put a 16v head on a 2.0T bottom end

B1ack_Mi16
Have a look at Gerbens page www.205turbo.nl he put a 16v head on a 2.0T bottom end

Also you should use the block from the oldest turbo engine, not sure if RGX or RGY is the oldest, but the one with flat top pistons should give less problems with valve clearance.

whizzer71

Mines an RGY and it has Dished pistons.

Cheers for the input guys Ill look at Gerbens page.

Tristan

tom_m

Tristan

and the rgy i pulled apart had flat tops! ^_^

whizzer71

Tristan

Woops Edit That ! Its actually an RGX so I take it that the dished pistons are right ?,When I say dished I mean they have like wedged steps out of them,Is this unit strong enough for big turbo ? or will I need to invest in some forged items ?

Tris

Sign in to follow this