• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smighall

Gti6 Gearbox

smighall

I've been looking throught the forums trying to find a definitive list of what needs changing to convert a gti6 box to fit into my 205, and can only seem to find dribs and drabs about it.

I am planning on taking the clutch fork arm off my 1.6 BE3 and swapping that into the 6 speed.

I understand you need to swap one of the gear selectors over but not 100% sure on which one and how to do it.

I will be putting in a Kaaz LSD, what are the chances of falling into problems getting the driveshafts to fit correctly? You use a 306 inner shaft on the near side don't you if it's too long?

Do you swap the speedo drive over from the 1.6 box to retain the speedo drive?

Hopefully if we can get all answers in one thread it will help others out in future too.

Thanks

Sean

Baz

Not totally sure but from what i've worked out, the top selector arm that's got a bend in it needs to be swapped for the flat arm from a 205 box, and you'll need a be1 reverse lockout gearlever, cable, and maybe pedal.

HTH a bit!

Miles

Easy, You need to convert from a Phase 2 BE3 equiped car

1. Clutch Cross Shaft and Arm

2. Speedo Drive gear's and take off

3. 205 Top gear selector, the 306 run's a steped up one.

4. Lift reverse Gear Stick and Cable

5. Ideal to make a lock stop

As your changing the Diff the selector arm is very easy to swap as you can stick your finger inthe hole to hold up the selector shaft in the box so it won;t fall down and disinguage with the main shaft in the box, I would test it first before re-fitting th Diff

And as your fitting the Kaaz LSD you can use std shafts as only the late (93>) std Diff's are a different design

Finally I'd buy a couple of new cross shaft bushes as they are only a few quid as these wear.

Super Josh

If you don't fit a lock stop, then you will fail the MOT.

Josh

Sign in to follow this