• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pee vee

Mi16 Re-angleing Plate

pee vee

anyone got a picture of the exhaust manifold re-angle plate

you can get for Mi16 conversions??

ive not seen one before and want to know if its a better way of doing it than getting the whole

manifold done?

also. what sorta price do the plates go for??

thanks!

5150maxie

anyone got a picture of the exhaust manifold re-angle plate

you can get for Mi16 conversions??

heres the qep advert picture

post-7245-1181688317_thumb.jpg

petert

I supply tapered washers with mine:

http://www.taylor-eng.com/conversion/conversion_parts.htm

They allow you to use the standard nuts, holding tension correctly on the stud. You'll be forever tightening those radiused bolts. It's simply not the correct engineering solution.

gti_al

Is that pic in the middle showing a gasket between the plate and manifold? What about the other side? I've got one of peter's, but not sure how do fit it... Two gaskets ok?

EDIT... just read peter's link. Nevermind.

Edited by gti_al

jackherer
I supply tapered washers with mine:

http://www.taylor-eng.com/conversion/conversion_parts.htm

They allow you to use the standard nuts, holding tension correctly on the stud. You'll be forever tightening those radiused bolts. It's simply not the correct engineering solution.

I've had one 205 cover 35k+ miles and another one cover 15k+ miles with QEP plates with no issues at all. I tightened them once when I fitted them (which was much easier than normal due to the allen key bolts) and they've been fine since.

jackherer
Is that pic in the middle showing a gasket between the plate and manifold? What about the other side? I've got one of peter's, but not sure how do fit it... Two gaskets ok?

EDIT... just read peter's link. Nevermind.

I used two gaskets as I was fitting the manifolds with the engine already in the car and it would have been very difficult IMO to ensure that paste didn't get where it shouldn't.

5150maxie

i used 2 manifold gaskets and had no problems :)

Edited by 5150maxie

matt350cos

I fitted one and found i still needed to cut the exhaust so i got a reangled manifold. i think some fit ok and some you have to still cut the exhaust.

Ryan

The Mi16 manifolds were handmade and some are quite a bit longer than others. It seems to be luck of the draw as to whether you need to cut the downpipe or not. I needed to take 30mm out of mine.

Sign in to follow this