• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Peetypug

Baffled By Carbs!

Peetypug

Hi i'm a bit new to this so dont fully understand some of the tech to put pics and links up but i learn fast :D

i'm fitting a set of 1998 YZFR1000 4XV carbs to my 1990 1.9 :lol:.

i've got the carbs and inlet manifold sorted and i know i'm going to need 2 regulators. 1 to bring the pressure down and send excess fuel back to the tank and 1 to regulate the fuel that goes into the carbs.

this is where i start to get stuck :(

will the carbs need jetting/dyno jetting?

i will need a choke cable would one from an XS/XT fit?

is there anything else i will need for this conversion?

calvinhorse

the choke cable would work.

some people say the jets work and others say change them, webber jets fit most applications but its best to get it rolling road tunned.

i was told to use the interupt fuel pump from the same bike as the carbs, im unsure if this will work but will let you know next week!!

Edited by calvinhorse

Peetypug

yeah i was told that was the cheaper option as the regulators are at least 60 quid each and the pumps go for about 20 on ebay.

they are a lot smaller than the 205 pump so dont know how it would fit in the same position

keep me informed of your progress please

Richie-Van-GTi

weber dgas jets fit into the yzfr carbs, pretty sure they will need bigger jets but they are only £8 for a set of 4 on ebay. Also the needle height6 is adjustable so you can get a bit more setting that way if you get the jets somewhere near.

Peetypug

any idea what size i will need? engine is standard other than magnex 4 branch and full stainless

Sign in to follow this