• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

My Mi16 Project

driversdomainuk

Hi

I have finally started my Mi16 project. What I am doing, is giving myself a year or so - in this time I am starting to collect bits to build an engine for my hill climbing 205. I cant built it myself. However, I feel this will be a more interesting approach than buying an old used one and having to pay someone to strip it, and rebuild it without being involved with any of the work myself.

So far I have won on eBay an alloy block which has all been cleaned up, also a rocker cover.

My shopping list is as follows:

baffled sump

crank shaft

conrods

forged pistons

high pressure oil pump

spray bars

liners

head gasket

cylinder head (which will have rally cams and BVH)

Weber carbs (which I already have)

water pump

tensioners etc with timing belt

starter motor

alternator

gearbox

Is there anything else I have forgotten...? I can buy some of these things directly from Bosch (rotating electrics) cheaper than what our motor factors buy at...which is good and also SKF for timing belts etc...

Probably work out more expensive than buying a used engine but 1. will be more of an interesting project and 2. I will know then engine is basically new.

Once I have all the bits, I will ask my garage to put it all together and then find a suitable place to drop it into the car.

Mikey G

We reangled our own manifold and it worked very well, still being used on a car 3 years later with no cracking and making good power on a rolling road.

BamBamGTI

I would buy the shortened inlet and exhaust manifolds from the ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-Racing-Developments This means you dont have to muck about moving the radiator or re-weld the bulkhead. Although you'll have to supply original parts to them in exchange.

Sign in to follow this