• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205johnnyxsi

Noise Limits

205johnnyxsi

Hello just a quick question, have a straight trow on my 309 xsi stainless, will the noise level be ok on m.o.t where do i stand ??? its only loud when its around 4 thousand rpm mark, and loud and bangs on the limiter at 6800 rpm? i do have a K n N fitted as well

Richie-Van-GTi

there is no noise test at MOT time, only emissions.

GTI6BOY

There is some kind of noise test, as some one i know had to have a centre box fitted.

Its something to do with the year of your car iirc

Old cars are tested at idle and newer cars are tested at ?RPM

I think this is correct but not 100%

Richie-Van-GTi

they can state that itis excessivley noisyyes but there is no official limit and no machines are used to measure the noise. Its down to personal judgement whcih can always be contested

WildCards

Isn't there a new thing they've brought in regarding noise tests at MOT time. I'm sure I read something on PH saying we will be having noise tests soon.

I'm might have just made that up though :P

ashley peddle

i have a straight through pugsport group n and had no problems... :P

whizzer71

Mines loud and Ive never had any issues with regards to Mot

:P

GLPoomobile

I have had a couple of advisorys (advisories?) at MOT time about my Group N.

As said above, I think it's down to the discretion of the tester.

In the same way that the police can fine you if your car is excessively noisy (I think), it's really a case of your car has to be very very loud, and this shouldn't be the case with your average 205 GTi and a Group N system.

To answer the original question though, I don't think they take your car above fast idle during the MOT, so it should be fine.

205johnnyxsi

cheers everyone well its in for a pre test today so ill see how it goes, its only loud when its at 5 , and at 6,800, if it fails ill be back on telling everyone my problems haha thanks johnny

Sign in to follow this