• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
benlilly

Inlet Manifold For 40/45 Carbs

benlilly

Just bought a pair of 40's and I was wondering if there are there two different manifolds available to match 40 and 45 carbs? Engine is an 8 valver.

Also, how many different companies make them and are they all of similar quality?

Edited by benlilly

rapidmi

i just purchased a longman but the was for an mi16 i also have a homemade one that done the same job but u cant go wrong withe the longman manifold

matt-k

Mangoletsi used to list two different manifolds for the Mi engine one for the 45s and one for the 40s. i think the only difference is there flowed to there respective sizes. Im sure the fitments are exactly the same so yes you can use a 45 inlet manifold it just wont be flowed perfectly. Im in the market for a twin 40 manifold myself for an Mi but dont want to pay top dollar for one, so im gonna make it myself out of some ally tubing! plus a local company say they will TIG it together for me. :lol:

Apparently you cant deal with Mangoletsi manifolds direct but Demon tweeks do so you could give them a call to see if you can still get a twin 40 manifold.

benlilly

Thanks guys.

The 40mm Mangoletsi seems to still be available but Longmans only seem to do an Mi16 manifold. Can anyone confirm?

smckeown

yes longmans dont supply 8v manifolds anymore.

SBC can supply the mangoletsi, but if you go that route make sure it gets ported by a professional, they need a lot of work.

An alternative is http://www.chadil.be/ They also supply manifolds. But when a porter I used had the choice of 2 in front of him, he chose to use the mangolesti.

Also worth contacting sandy309, as I bet him or colin satchell do manifolds also (if they do they would be rather good)

Sean

benlilly

Thanks, Sean.

Sign in to follow this