• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldskoolcool

Too Much Hard Work?

Guest oldskoolcool

Hi all, my first post on here...long time listener, first time caller! The time has come to upgrade my 1600. Looking for 180-190 bhp, options recommended to me for tuning and fitting so far have been a 406 sri (2.0l turbo) which would aparently drop in without too many foreseen complications, but also there's the option of a 206 2.0 Gti, which in my opinion would be more reliable but surely will require more work to get him to fit in the space the 205 provides to work with!

If anybody has any experience with either of these conversions or can perhaps shed some light on any troublesome areas of a conversion to expect it would be greatfully received.

First things first though, I need to find the b***dy keys! :ph34r:

matty_gti
Hi all, my first post on here...long time listener, first time caller! The time has come to upgrade my 1600. Looking for 180-190 bhp, options recommended to me for tuning and fitting so far have been a 406 sri (2.0l turbo) which would aparently drop in without too many foreseen complications, but also there's the option of a 206 2.0 Gti, which in my opinion would be more reliable but surely will require more work to get him to fit in the space the 205 provides to work with!

If anybody has any experience with either of these conversions or can perhaps shed some light on any troublesome areas of a conversion to expect it would be greatfully received.

First things first though, I need to find the b***dy keys! :ph34r:

Hi, if you search theres shed loads of info about 2.0l turbo conversions. I dont know alot about the 206 engines but they are bit more work to fit as i THINK the mountings on the engine are different.

Matt

Richie-Van-GTi

yup 206 is TU so will require new mounts, new gear links, new loom, custom subframe, possibly custom shafts, custom exhaust etc etc. Also the TU's arent reliable, riddled with idle issues etc.

go for 2.0 iron block XU, either turbo or N/A from a gti6, xsi, s16 etc. Ashley peddle has a complete s16 up for sale at £500. would give you absolutley everything to drop in 155bhp, minus cat is 160bhp then by the time you weigh in the shell, sell the gearbox, sell your engine and asociated parts such as ecu afm etc you have enough for cams so wont be far short of your target with a nice reliable engine.

Miles

The 206 isn;t a TU engine it's a EW engine which are very good but need Throttle bodies etc to make it easy to fit in as the wiring on late car's now are a mare to say the least.

I'm looking at fitting one of these when time allow's

rapidmi

another cheap option, 1.9 mi16 engine with aluminium bottom end good head work and good cams with twin 45's will see u about 190 bhp ish

RossD
Also the TU's arent reliable, riddled with idle issues etc.

I know this is off topic, but this is a rediculous statement! IME, TU's are bullet proof! :D

Sandy

Second that, arguably the best engine Peugeot make.

Mikey S

as a unit the tu is pretty bomb proof. its the electrical stuff around its thats crap.

Hilgie

TUs are bulletproof but the MA gearboxes are crap!

Sign in to follow this