• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kernows16

S16 Conversion

Guest Kernows16

hi guys n girls, i currently have a half stripped 306 S16 (among others!) that i was goin to rebuild but due to a change in circumstances (i.e my landlord requirin some of his space back) i've got to get rid of it but was gonna keep the engine with the idea of droppin it in a 205 at some point in the future, would be runnin it it on t/b's instead of the crappy avac system so what other bits do i need to keep for the conversion, mounts? expansion bottle, rad?. Gonna keep the brakes as well, do i need resovior, master cylinder, servo, hubs?

I would do a search of the forum, but pushed for time at the mo

cheers for any help

mart

rapidmi

if i were u id ideally try to store it all somewhere u never know when u or a mate will end up needing a bit

Baz

Engine, loom, ecu,(unlock it before removing) brakes, all the obvious's, rear Anti roll bar, i think the front hubs are useful too.

Henry Yorke

Oh dear, the S16 is going :P S16's have a big master cylinder. Some may say too big, but worth hanging on to to go with the brakes. Yes the hubs are the same as 1.9 ones IIRC. You would do better selling the rear beam complete and picking up another anti roll bar if you are to get it resplined for a 205 beam (which I think is what Baz is getting at). If you do strip the beam, the trailing arm shafts are the same as a 205, infact the whole trailing arm may fit, disc brakes and all, which would let you get a 1.6 and have good brakes all round

Baz

Trailing arms have slightly different toe in and possibly camber iirc.

Henry Yorke
Trailing arms have slightly different toe in and possibly camber iirc.

S16

Rear Toe In (mm) 4.2

Rear Neg camber (Deg/min) 1/20

Miles

and whats the other side??

Hub's are the same abit with a ABS sesnor hole, rear beam if OK too

Guest Kernows16

Cheers for the replies guys, haven't had any time to get on here to read them until today, Think i'm gonna keep the mechanic bits and just get rid of the rest as a rolling shell. Easiest way for now as i'm bit push for time to be sortin out exactly what i need and what i dont, so.......

Anyone interested in a diablo red 306 S16 complete rolling shell??

taylorspug
Anyone interested in a diablo red 306 S16 complete rolling shell??

Maybe, PM me a few details of whats left on it/what you've taken off. :D

Sign in to follow this