• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Turbo Extended Bottom Engine Mount

M@tt

I've searched but been unable to find any pics for reference of how people have extended the bottom mount for the 2l turbo conversions. Anyone have any pics?

Also is it 20mm that the hole needs moving forward?

cheers

Matt

sonofsam

I did mine about 15mm, dont have a picture im afraid! But basically cut each 'fork' off before the hole

(leaving plenty of room for structral integrity) and add an extra piece of length in mild steel each side. A good idea is to put a bolt through the two holes to line it up properly before welding the sections back together.

Then add liberal amounts of hammerite :D

Sam.

M@tt

cheers Sam

so is the 15mm sufficient to solve all the clearance issuse? ie could you leave the standard brake servo in place or did you opt for a smaller basemodel version?

sonofsam

Yep 15mm does it . You could experiment with a smaller servo , however the last time I spoke to the person

who had done this, He was having problems fitting a downpipe! Dont know if it's resolved or not tbh.

I have a standard size brake servo and MC in place, fuel filter is a very tight fit also.

I think the extra 'swing' make's it easier to fit a decent size downpipe.

Another way to work it would be to get the engine on the two top mounts, so it swings and then work out how

far you need to extend the mount fork by, but 15mm was the guideline and it's done the job on mine alright.

Hope that help's mate ;)

Henry Yorke
..... fuel filter is a very tight fit also.

I would chop the fuel pipes under the car and plumb them in like a diesel, up the other side of the brake servo, otherwise they will be coming up right by the turbo which is not ideal!

I also ditched the Peugeot fuel filter and its notoriously dodgy banjos (especially by a nice hot turbo!!) and put a metal Vauxhall one in the inner wing instead.

Sign in to follow this