• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugbliss

Calipers Rubbers

pugbliss

Hi 2 questions

1, where can i buy new ones?

2, how do i get old ones off and new ones on, they look tricky!!!

cheers

joe

Super Josh

Do you mean the little bellows on the sliding pins? Mmmm, tricky on this, they do spilt eventually and cause the sliding pins to corrode and even seize.

Peugeot sell a pair of sliding pins and bellows and a little packet of grease for just over 30 quid ;) Part No 443905.

Brake parts sell a caliper service kit, which consists of the seals, sliding pins and bellows and cover for the handbrake mech. for £38.92 + VAT, so not cheap.

I'm not sure that you'll find the bellows on their own, even with the sliding pins. But I'm sure someone will be along soon to to offer some advice. :(

Josh

PS

You get the old ones out after removing the sliding pins, then refit it all in reverse, in true Haynes manual stylee :P

Edited by Super Josh

pugbliss

Yes i do mean the little bellows on the sliding pins.

Well they aint cheep are they????

Its just a thought but do you think i could fill the bellows with grease and sort of seal the bellows with a rubber glue or some sort of silicon???

Anton green

No. Basically.

I packed mine with grease and the first time they 'slid' grease comes out.. ;)

Perhaps motorbike chain oil could penetrate more, maybe then stay put??

Be advised the rear calipers which come with everything on cost about £72 ish from GSF so I wouldnt buy just the rubbers personally

pugbliss

anton... i already have the calipers but the slider rubbers are not very good, so i was just asking where i can get them, but being expensive as they are im having second thoughts about it....

There must be something out there to repare them with???????

dani959
anton... i already have the calipers but the slider rubbers are not very good, so i was just asking where i can get them, but being expensive as they are im having second thoughts about it....

There must be something out there to repare them with???????

I got a complete set of seals from ebay (biggred4u) for 19.90 plus 0.43 (shipping). Nice quality ones, I'll see how long they last...

Sign in to follow this