• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SPGTi

Trans -x Lsds

SPGTi

On the british rally forum there is a thread about a manufacturing fault in some Trans x lsds. The planet gears have apparently not been machined properly.

A few people have mentioned these so maybe worth checking out the thread on britishrally.co.uk and in the TECHNICAL section. It is effecting PUg, Nova and other some LSDs apparently.

Steve

SPGTi

POst off British rally

Hi

Pauls already put a post up but thought I,d write my own.

Has anyone broke there Tran-X lsd lately (within the last 6 months) or do you know someone that has.

Pauls a customer of mine, his first TX slipper died a horrible death about 4 weeks ago, they replaced it FOC but the second one has now gone.

There failing due to the planet gears loosing teeth, TX use these planets in all there F20 F13 Peugeot TX english and Mini slippers.

If your has broke recently they I would greatly appreciate you contacting me.

Regards

Alan Cookson

thread is HERE

Steve

Turbo7379

Hmmm , I was torn between a Kaaz & a Tran-x diff . Think I'll go for a Kazz now !

Hilgie

Kaaz is a plate diff, Quaife is an ATB diff and so is Tran-X.

Plate diffs have no gears inside, but can wear. ATBs have (lots of) gears inside, but are not very prone to wearing.

niklas
Kaaz is a plate diff, Quaife is an ATB diff and so is Tran-X.

Plate diffs have no gears inside, but can wear. ATBs have (lots of) gears inside, but are not very prone to wearing.

Tran-X is a plate diff!

http://www.tran-x.com/DiffsHTML/diffsHome.html

Hilgie

oh...sorry...thanks for correcting me.

Miles

All mine have been fine, Can;t fault Tran 'X' for service either, quick and efficent is all I can say which is why I use them so hopefully this is only a small glitch

fxi1900

Yep gotta agree there, tried 'em all. The only one that compares with tran-x is gripper

Sign in to follow this