• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sutol

Cheap Turbo Conversion

205turbo

never seen anyone on the net that said they work, there 2 a penny on ebay,

Gtiracer

I think ill be the first to say

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

inferno

resister chip tuning springs to mind...

sutol

I'm thinking that the fan couln't keep up with the induction flow rate never mind enhance it, you would probably loose more power than they claim driving the thing off the battery!

GLPoomobile

These things have been around for sooo many years.

I remember in the days when I used to read the gay car modding mags, there was a 106 GTi fitted with one, and of course it accounted for some ridiculous power increase :)

I also saw so called testamonials on the websites that sold these sort of things, and a lot of them said that they were great on turbo cars for elliminating turbo lag. More likely the flimsy plastic s*ite would be sucked right in :o

Doof
It produces 250CFM of forced air into your manifold and it very quiet under the hood when turned on. In fact it has a nice aggressive sound, making it seem like you got something bigger then what you actually have under the hood. A stock turbo from an Audi 1.8T produces 400CFM. Adding the electric supercharger will produce more then half of the power than a stock Audi 1.8T turbo would

No it won't, it'll just be a sodding bottleneck!!

sutol

Putone of these in your air box :D

Quite interested in the Turboooost fan thing for my airbox, can imagine that this item spins the incoming air creating a rifle type effect keeping the incoming charge straight and true whilst compressing at the same time, clever .

Where can I get one of these :o

and

Where do you put the batteries ? :)

205johnnyxsi

No dont even waste the time looking at them, redline did a full artical about them they have pointless and you lose bhp not gain, just like them chips for 5er tht gives you 20bhp =/ not worth it mate

Bonez

anyone who buys one deserves to loose there money and BHP for being so bloody dumb and stuped for buying it!

peter

I didnt even need to click on the link but im gessing it its a crapy little fan in the inlet pipework total waste of time i hope the inventor is shot

However i have seen someone put a leaf blower on a car on a dyno and it worked (actual power increse) i think its on youtube but then whats the point?

peter

**EDIT BEATEN TO IT!

steve@cornwall
Putone of these in your air box :D

Quite interested in the Turboooost fan thing for my airbox, can imagine that this item spins the incoming air creating a rifle type effect keeping the incoming charge straight and true whilst compressing at the same time, clever .

Where can I get one of these :)

and

Where do you put the batteries ? :lol:

I have a few pre-production (but s/h) prototypes on the shelf- should I ebay them ?

should see about 211 bhp :):P

A further 5% power increase should be seen by running it inside a small 12v fridge from Woolworths.

Both items can be run from your cigarette lighter socket, thus they are a true automotive marvel!

M_R_205

im tempted to buy two stick them on and then il have a TWIN TURBO!!! 205 :):D

Sign in to follow this