• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

Xu10 Head Onto A 1.6 Block

Nathan

Right this isn't your usual question regarding the XU10 head and I have used the search function ;)

Now fitting the XU10 head seems to be a popular and worth while mod if your tuning the 8v engine, but it needs to be heavily skimmed to raise the compression ratio. However I am soon going to be fitting a TT kit to my 1.6 and am looking at ways to lower the compression ratio of this engine. So can any one tell me what compression ratio I'd get with the XU10 head on the 1.6 block? Or if you can't tell me how do I work it out?

Also there seems to be concern about which gasket to use? And with the engine being turbo charged I want to make certain the gasket is sealing correctly. If there's any doubt about the gasket being up the the job would it be poosible to get a custom one made up?

Final question is regarding the cam, everyone seems to put the gti cam back in, but with the engine being a turbo one what would be best here?

Cheers

Sorry ment to put this in the performance section, can a mod move it please.

Edited by Nathan

TEKNOPUG

What engine management are you going to use?

If you use a modern, fully mappable system then you can leave the cr stock and gain a considerable amout of power, providing that you don;t go too silly with the boost.

Nathan

At the very least it'll be running a megasquirt v3, with 4 uprated injectors. This will be mapped on rollers.

Hoping to run 6 psi of boost at least.

I might set it all up and get it mapped on stock internals and then get saving for bits to let me run at lower compression. But I'm more bothered about having a car which remains driveable.

TEKNOPUG

Just leave the stock XU9 head on with stock CR. Will be fine with only 6spi and will handle upto a bar if mapped correctly. You'll see more power than if you lowered the cr.

Sign in to follow this