• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisj21

S16 And Bike Carbs

chrisj21

hi guys

just a quick one regarding bike carbs.im currently planning a full bareshell rebuild of my 205 gti.and whilst looking at engine options have decided to go down the s16 route,but i wanted to run bike carbs (not sure what make yet any suggestions greatfull)whilst looking at pics ive noticed that the inlet manifold is plastic???

therefor how would i go about fitting them as theres no metal inlet to cut down??

any help would be great.

thanks

jackherer

use an Mi16 or GTI6 inlet.

chrisj21

as simple as that?

cheers

jackherer

I think the locating dowels might be different so you have to mess about a little bit but the stud pattern and port spacing is reportedly the same.

chrisj21

jackherer am i rite in thinking that the plastic part of the inlet attaches to a metal part which then attaches to the block?

jackherer

Not sure TBH, the only S16 I have has an Mi16 inlet fitted and I've never seen the original.

s16 Peggy
jackherer am i rite in thinking that the plastic part of the inlet attaches to a metal part which then attaches to the block?

Indeed, there is a metal part that mates to the head, and then the plastic bit bolts onto that.

chrisj21

thanks alot for that.i take it you have a s16? are they much different from the earlier mi16?

Miles

The metal part of the S16 Inlet has 8 ports due to the ACAV system rubbish, I;d stick on a GTi6 inlet and leave it as that, you'll still get good power if not more

Sign in to follow this