• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rik

Throttle Body Trumpets

Rik

I'm fitting bike T/B's to my mi16 engine, and am wanting to run 90mm trumpets with an air filter (ITG) using a base plate, but i'm a bit stumped as to which trumpets to buy that are going to fit to my throttle bodies.

See this pic...

http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/albums/r...ts/DSCF0571.jpg

The bit where the trumpet fits is rounde and smoot i.e. no where to bolt a trumpet!

Does the base plate fix to the throttle body and the trumpets fit to the baseplate or is it the other way round?

I've never fitted trumpets or t/b's before so am new to this bit of building my engine, i'm sure a good seal needs to be made between the trumpet and throttle body but not sure what is the best way to fit them as mating he two surfaces could get tricky.

i understand trumpets can be bought that are just spinned metal with no flange on and i'm guessing these are what i need but have not clue how there fitted.

Any help or pics would be great

Ta

Rik

Mattsav

Use silicon hose to hold the airhorns on.

We have 50mm (and 52mm) trumpets which fit nicely onto some bodies but they come with the base plate which needs cutting off.

Dream Weaver

I just used Weber 45 (65mm long) trumpets for mine, and with a bit of sanding they fit inside my Gixxer bodies perfectly.

The baseplate I just mounted over the bodies and used some jubilee clips to keep it in place - its all been fine for over 1k miles like that now, and the 65mm trumpets didn't affect my power output.

Check the link in my sig for pics.

Rik

Thanks for the reply guys, i guess i'll have to "engineer" them to fit! Much like anything on my car - nothings as it should!

Good fun though!

Rik

dee205

Just had a look at you pic. Are you keeping the manifold that size? Surely a shorter one would give better results.

Damien

welshpug

nah, longer usually = more torque

shorter = more revs needed to find power, not always best with a standard bottom end and valvegear.

M_R_205

i had the same problem with my motorbike carbs and i used alu tubing plate and a lot of glue to attach some, my trumpets are 100mm i think, perfect fit :D

plus using this metord you get a perfectly sexy smooth finnish inside, not like the silicone tubign kind of attachment

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/con...augh/new%20car/

pics there

dee205
nah, longer usually = more torque

shorter = more revs needed to find power, not always best with a standard bottom end and valvegear.

I see where you're coming from. A nice fast air flow but maybe too fast higher up the revs to get good enough combustion to make good power high up......

:D

Damien

Rik

dee - i'll be cutting it down a little - you shouls be able to see the lines where i need to cut.

MR 205 - What trumpets have you used? and what are the base plate type things the trumpets are bolted to?

Rik

M_R_205
dee - i'll be cutting it down a little - you shouls be able to see the lines where i need to cut.

MR 205 - What trumpets have you used? and what are the base plate type things the trumpets are bolted to?

Rik

there jenvey trumpets, and i made the plats out of two alloy tubes (one inside the other) glued to the acctual carbs and then glued a plate onto the end to match the jenvey desighn, il take a cpl of better pics tonight for you,

cpl [pics of the tubes i glued in, what it used to look like, http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/con...0car/small3.jpg

this is onewith the alloy tube slid over where it is to be glued http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/con...0car/small5.jpg

this has the seccond bit of tube, cut and pressed inside (gap filled with filler) ready to be glued http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/con...0car/small6.jpg

Edited by M_R_205

Rik

TOP BLOKE M R 205!

What size (diameter / length) trumpets are they?

I'm also thinking that the ally tube that fits into the bodies is push fit and then glued? Is this not a little difficult with the bodies being tapered?

Rik

Edited by Rik

M_R_205
TOP BLOKE M R 205!

What size (diameter / length) trumpets are they?

I'm also thinking that the ally tube that fits into the bodies is push fit and then glued? Is this not a little difficult with the bodies being tapered?

Rik

the trumpets are 100 long (it think) with an id of 45 the ally tube push fits over the outside of them thats y i used another inside to space it out

Sign in to follow this