• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ross009

Turbo Fuelling

ross009

just wondered if anyone had seen or used one o these? would possibly allow the user of bigger injectors without over fuelling at low revs but incresing fuel pressure as boost increases? dont know how good they'd be but could be a cheaper alternative to running a 5th injector/ expensive management

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-10-1-FM...sspagenameZWD2V

sonofsam
OBX Racing Sports High Performance Fuel Management Unit (FMU)

This FMU allows the car to run normally on a small injector, but can also increase the rail pressure under boost which, in turn, forces more fuel through the same size orifice. The fuel that the FMU adds has a direct relationship to the boost pressure.

The Pressure ratio determines how much the fuel pressure is increased per psi of boost pressure. A 12:1 FMU, for example, will increase fuel pressure by 12 psi per psi of boost. It is typically recommended that a 10:1 or 12:1 FMU be used in order to ensure that the A/F mix will not be lean.

Sounds like a FSE power boost valve/rising rate regulator.I dont think I would want anything that

cost forty quid messing with my fuelling ;)

PsychoSimon

It's a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. They do work, but not brilliantly.

I used on on a nova engine i built for instance. 1.4 sri beast. with the rising rate pressure regulator it ran 150bhp, but when i upgraded to a proper ecu and had it mappe with the same boost the car produced 170bhp. you have to remember that the fuel isnt the only thing that needs to be changed the ignition needs sorting too

ross009

yer then i thought u could use renault 5 mangrment for the ignition side as they only require a vacum line and tdc sensor to run which would retard the spark under boost it was just a quick thought i had really as a chaep alternative for ppl doin a 1.6/1.9 turbo conversion in theory i guess it would work maybe just not that great but would get u moving.

Sign in to follow this