• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madspikes

Two Radiator Setup....

madspikes

As apart of my install I'm installing a charger cooler which needs an extra water to air rad, the problem is as we all know there isnt much space in the pug engine bay. I had sourced an AC rad from a mazda, but the thing is just tooo dam big, and I would have needed to removed the cowling and fan, and it just wouldnt have left any space to fit a new fan (sucking or blowing) on ether side or the existing rad.

My current plan is to use the existing rad cowling, but chopped in half so that it only covers half the main rad, then install the extra rad is its place. This requires a rad of aprox dimensions of 360mm x 360mm. Current thinking is to use a bike rad, as car rads seem to be much larger. I'm wondering if anyone has done this before or has any particular ideas on makes or models for a donor.

mad.

inferno

nova rads are quite small. im using an alloy bike rad, but im also considering doing away with the cowling altogether and fitting a slim spal fan and 2 gti sized rads if the bike rad doesnt work.

a T16 rad can be had for around 70£ new from the local rad company.

another option may be a 205 aircon rad? sits between rad and cowling , im geusseing it would flow fine for water and its all alloy iirc, and the best bit... ive got one sitting around:P

madspikes
Have you seen Phyrs article on the main website where he installs two 205 GTI rads?

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles/e2-chargecooler.html

Yea, I looked at that a while ago, and decided thats not the route for me. I have a few extras on my engine that dont really allow for this setup either.

But thanks for reminding me of it.

Mad.

Sign in to follow this