• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
inferno

Bbr Brodie Brittain Racing Star* Chips

inferno

Its currently in a fairly rapid 309gti, with paperwork. only other mods are a k n n and an fse valve. unable to contact bbr at the mo, but ive had dealings with them before on an rsturbo chip and they seems ok with those.

the website claims the star chip conversion will see 144 bhp from an otherwise pretty standard gti. anyone else had any experience with these gti chips? i just have a peice of card stamped with timing settings at 7deg and c02 readout along side the reg number and company jargon.

t16ryan

had them on a couple of 1900s and seem alot better than superchips, i have a couple of BBR spare 1900 ECUs i have kept as i dont rate the superchip ones BBR seem good ;)

Mikey G

The Starchip for a GTi is not a 'chip' as such but a kit of components in the ECU that changes such things as rev limiter and fueling.

144 bhp is a rather enthusiastic figure to be honest.

inferno

well its of no intrest to me tbh as it wont go on the turbo ;) but good to know its not chip tune BS when the car gets broken!

Discostu

I had a Starchip fitted to my mi16. Along with a filter and exhaust it made 169bhp on the rollers so it obviously provided an improvement. Engine response also improved and it seamed to deliver the power very smoothly

Edited by Discostu

Sign in to follow this