• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
g60-r

Head Modification

g60-r

been doing some research on tuning my standard 1.9 and thinking about going down the new cam and port and flow the head.

i couldn't find a price any where. can anyone on here give me a rough price to have it done and is there any other mods, tweeks that can be done when the head is off. :wacko:

cheers

Roo

Miles

I'd give Richard Longman a call, they are one of the best for head work and are fairly priced considering you can get a bad job done for the same money, Only down the road too

g60-r

cheers miles, where are they based? see your not a million miles from me?

Miles

In Christchurch, Dorset details are found in Yellow pages no web page thou

phatgti

Longmans number;

01202 486569

Edited by phatgti

g60-r

cheers guys, just gave them a ring and found out they do a modified head for £700 plus vat. for that you get your head ported and flowed, fast road cam and a 1mm bigger inlet valve.

bit more then i was looking to spend, might be leaving my beast as standard for a while:(

Dom9

Autosprint in Birmingham do some good work and are a lot cheaper!

ross009
Hi !

You can try to do this yourself , at least a little bit of porting and 3 angle seats .. :D

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...59&hl=inlet

Cheers

Damir

:D

could this work be done on an xu10 head also i mean obviuosly it can but as david from puma says its easier to see what needs to be done on some heads than it is others does the xu10 hae similar port charecteristics as the xu9? as im thinking of using an xu10 head but wasnt sure if it would be worth it as i cant afford hundreds of pounds of head work but the combo of the bigger valves and some light porting by myself would surely be quite beneficial?

TEKNOPUG
could this work be done on an xu10 head also i mean obviuosly it can but as david from puma says its easier to see what needs to be done on some heads than it is others does the xu10 hae similar port charecteristics as the xu9? as im thinking of using an xu10 head but wasnt sure if it would be worth it as i cant afford hundreds of pounds of head work but the combo of the bigger valves and some light porting by myself would surely be quite beneficial?

Run a search - loads of info on this

pdd144c

SMD or Longmans are the people to speak to.

Sign in to follow this