• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonnie205

Gti6 Aux Belt

jonnie205

Running a GTI6 engine with no pas or AC etc. I need a ribbed belt which is 1 rib wider than the mi16 belt but the same length as i am only running the alternator. Anybody know a part no for this belt or which car they came from. I know there is such a belt as i had one before

ta

Sandy

Check the length of the belt and go to Halfords. About the only good thing they have to offer is all the belts on display. I used a 725mm on the 306 Rallye I just did.

Edited by sandy309

pj838

Sorry I cant help but I'm interested in this too. Although someone posted in another thread the length was PK700 or PK720 using a zx16v bracket etc - I think Whizzer71 who has gti6 conversion.

Jonnie are you using the GTi6 mounting bracket with the alternator fitted to it as per standard?

Alastairh

When i did one, i went to my local parts place, and just said i needed x length times by 5. ok it would be easyier for a spacific car, but its a universal part so can't be that hard to find out.

Alastair

jonnie205

Yes i will be using the gti6 mounting bracket and alternator and tensioneing the belt by using an offset pulley bolted to block. Maybe i will just go to factors and see what i can find

Yes i will be using the gti6 mounting bracket and alternator and tensioneing the belt by using an offset pulley bolted to block. Maybe i will just go to factors and see what i can find

whizzer71

Yep guys I used Zx bracketry and alternater on the bottom of the block ,had to cut the air con lugs of the sump to get it to fit and then used a 5pk 725 belt and drilled another hole slightly further up the bracket to get the belt tensioned,does the job perfectly well and seemed like the easiest way out !

See Pic below,not the best angle but you can just about see the tensioner bracket in the left lower corner.

Edited by whizzer71

Sign in to follow this