• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
inferno

External Wastegate/screemer Pipes/flames

inferno

Flame thrower!

after playing around and seeing this today, im wondering about the screemer pipe and external wastegate im wanting to fit... surely the narrow tube will make the flames more vicious (sp) and ill end up blowing something up. short of fitting a highly illegal flame thrower out the wing, or the dump pipe into the downpipe, what can i do to prevent these flames when on over run?or will they not be there when running properly ?

my zx spat flames when running properly, so i dont see why this will be any different, any ideas?

if not there goes my screemer pipe idea ;)

sonofsam

I can see why their illegal then :P awesome though :D

Can't you get on a Japtuning forum and find out what they do?! ;)

Ryan

The usual solution is to join the screamer pipe back into the main exhaust, usual in the downpipe, but I'd seen pics of a few where it's been extended all the way back to an extra inlet on the backbox.

sonofsam

Not a true screamer pipe is it, If it joins back in the exhaust?

inferno

ryan that makes it a regular wastegate dump pipe, the screemers are unsilenced pipes dumping gasses to atmosphere from the wastegate, this makes them loud hence the name.

i seriously want it poking out the wing burning chavs in novas.... muhahahaha

Edited by inferno

sonofsam

If you did put the pipe back into the exhaust further down and fitted a divider between the turbine and the penny valve would it not make it a divorced wastegate setup?

NO chav burning though :P;)

inferno

the !!FLANGE!! has 2 holes:P:P one for the downpipe to weld to and one for the wastegate pipe. the idea is to weld the dp on then weld a wastegate pipe around it, fitting the wastegate inline and then the screemer pipe on the other side of the wastegate.

sonofsam

Gotcha ;)

bales

Surely that can't be running right by spitting flames out like that? Is it not because your lambda sensor isn't connected so the fuelling is out?

Looks pretty cool though, hope mine does that out of the exhaust :wacko:

Malachy

correct told him this over msn too, the lambda sensor not being conected will overfuel causing fuel to ignite in the turbo, looks cool yeah maybe, however turbo will last 5 mins like it much like antilag :wacko:

inferno

as above, i know it looks good lol... and yes i have minimal sensers plugged in, turbos having a rebuild soon as a trial before i attempt to rebuild the t34 i have.

sonofsam

Dumb ass question coming up :blink:

How are you supposed to know if your spitting flame's out the 'zorst?!

Have you got to catch it on high boost?

I always look in the rear view mirror when I hear a pop, but knever see any light, have

tried at night too :wacko::ph34r:

Guess I need to crack on with my video to find out :blink:

Malachy

you can usually see a flash of light in rear view mirror or just have someone follow you, it will happen normal on boost due to the extra fuel being used, then as you lift off that fuel goes into exhaust and ignites thus giving flames, my car has chucked 3 foot flames out the back until i used overrun fuel cut option on ecu

pugman211

I'm not being funny, but plug the lambda back in!!! I unplugged it on my scooby and it went mega fast!!!! 2 weeks later tho, big ends went cos the car was over fuelling!!!!(bore wash) So if u wanna keep the engine runnin, i'd plug it back in. otherwise u'll be fixing the engine and turbo at same time!

sonofsam
you can usually see a flash of light in rear view mirror or just have someone follow you, it will happen normal on boost due to the extra fuel being used, then as you lift off that fuel goes into exhaust and ignites thus giving flames, my car has chucked 3 foot flames out the back until i used overrun fuel cut option on ecu

I'll have to get someone to follow me then to be sure,

although I dont think my bird in her 106 could keep up.

Pretty sure the standard management is set up to control

fuelling on overrun via the VSS/VSSM.

Malachy
I'll have to get someone to follow me then to be sure,

although I dont think my bird in her 106 could keep up.

Pretty sure the standard management is set up to control

fuelling on overrun via the VSS/VSSM.

yes but it will never fully control it due to batch fire injection not bein sequnetial thus meaning you will have at least 1 ignition event after shut off

Sign in to follow this