• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dan Ingram

Engine Stabiliser

Dan Ingram

I've noticed that alot of modified Japanese cars use an engine stabiliser, like a small shock absorber. Would this work on a 205?? I know uprated engine mounts help alot with engine movement but I would of thought this would help even more.

Just an idea really and to see if anyone thinks it would work.

dommorton

Been used on Mini's to great effect for years.

I doubt however you'll find anything solid enough on the body to bolt one to on a 205 :)

Rippthrough

Use a bike steering damper bolted to a linkage on the bottom torque arm.

C_W

I think it would introduce a lot of vibration if it was like the old Minis which were a solid rod with two small bushes (I fitted one to my old metro and as it was so rigid it made the car vibrate!).

A shock absorber one might be ok though, I think some Rovers diesels used damped mounts You'd have to get the angle right IMO as the engine is inclined back at an angle.

Gentrix

maybe a Stabiliser from a linkage, fitted to the Engineliftingmounts, to a Strutbrace.

andi

James_R

what's the problem you're trying to get over?

Usually if you still get engine movement after GRP A mounts it's down to the top buffer mounts not being packed out.

Sign in to follow this