• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
david932

Counter Balance An 1.9 Crank

david932

finding a decent 88mm mi crank is proving quite difficult so i need to compare the cost of buying ome of these to buying a 1.9crank and counter balancing it. can anybody on here do this or know anybody and at what cost.

thanks

PsychoSimon

If it's any help, I have a good diesel crank, which is the 88mm and i beleive they are counter balanced as standard as per the mi crank

B1ack_Mi16
If it's any help, I have a good diesel crank, which is the 88mm and i beleive they are counter balanced as standard as per the mi crank

I don't think you can counterbalance a 8v crank in any easy way, counter-balancing involves adding mass to the crank and can't really see that happening.

Use a Mi16 or 1.9 TD crank if you think counter blaancing is that important.

Hopefullt my non-counterbalances XU11D crank will rev 8000rpm without problems.

PumaRacing
finding a decent 88mm mi crank is proving quite difficult so i need to compare the cost of buying ome of these to buying a 1.9crank and counter balancing it. can anybody on here do this or know anybody and at what cost.

thanks

First of all you can't and secondly why would you want to? Most engines don't have cranks with double counterbalance weights and seem to manage fine without them. In the interests of low inertia special cranks for race engines tend not to have them either even though they will reduce rocking couple forces.

david932

i was advised by des development to not build my gti6 block with one as it wont be rev to happy after 7k rpm

which is the deisel crank? is it from a 205 or 306?

B1ack_Mi16
i was advised by des development to not build my gti6 block with one as it wont be rev to happy after 7k rpm

which is the deisel crank? is it from a 205 or 306?

Not 100% sure what cars that has got it, but afaik it's on the 1.9 TD engine, probably 405's and maybe early 406.

Sign in to follow this